Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Monday, February 25, 2008

Update 2/25/08

I have been reluctant to post just because I don't want Samuel's pictures to slide further down the page. Thanks to all who have prayed for and helped them!

I have been sporadic with emailing the Daily Prayers. I am just considering the future of it. It was started for Emma and then continued with Thad. Now that they are both well I wonder if I should continue. There are always needs to pray for and I know obviously the need for us to pray together is there, but I put way too much pressure on myself to do well with them.

When I take a day off it is soooo nice to just get to bed on time. I think as I get older and busier rest becomes more precious to me. I often feel bad because I think that means I love my rest more than I love the Lord or care about our friends and family on the prayer list. That's not the case of course.

I also need to spend more time teaching my own family. What kind of fool would I be who spends so much time trying to teach everyone else, but wouldn't even teach his own family. Then again who the heck am I to be teaching anyone! I am just a person who needs to be taught more from the Bible. I have passed along what I have learned and I will continue to pass along what I am learning here.

I am just really tired right now and feel like I should just keep to myself for a while. You know what I mean....not pressure myself to have to come up with something "spritual" every day.....It can become a trap. That's how people start to think they are more important than they are. They start "coming up" with spiritual insights. Soon it's not even Biblical. I NEVER want to let that happen.

Then again that may just be an excuse. A person walking according to the Spirit in truth shouldn't run into that kind of trouble. Then again maybe that's my problem. I need to dedicate myself more to the Lord. My reading has fallen behind and I have let other things become more important. So I guess I am just realizing I need to get back to the basics and back to my Bible.

The Christian life is a life that demands self-discipline. I have trouble with that. But I have always resolved to get better at it. I just need the Lords help.

Our faith is a journey and the road has twists and turns. I am always so happy to be around good Bible teaching. Nothing on this earth makes me happier than when I am with God's people worshiping and learning and growing in Christ. How does a person get tired and lazy with that?

That's the power of the sickness of sin! It's worse than cancer. It desires to kill you. It makes you lose your appetite for what you need the most.

When I look at "Christianity" in the USA it just makes me sick. There is SO much that is just so offensive to me. It is so far from the pure doctrines of the Bible. On the other hand I have such a strong desire to be one church. But many differences are so big, they just can't be compromised. That really makes me sad. So I get left with a sad feeling that just want to withdraw from the world and mind my own business and let them do their own thing and answer to Christ for it at the judgment. It's a funny tug of war in the mind. That's why we trust in the sovereignty of God and be faithful when opportunities to share Truth come to us.

Ever get feeling a little down? That's ok. Feel like your faith is not where it should be? That's ok too. It happens to all of us. What matters is what you do when you hit that point. Grab your Bible and start to read. Spend some quiet time with God reflecting on His blessings in your life. Pray for your needs and He will guide you according to His Word.

It's Monday, I'm tired and the flu virus has hit our house. I hope I'm not getting it!

Happy Birthday Tatum!


Love you all! Feel free to give me any feedback.

No comments: