Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome to December!

Well just a quick update... I have been so busy lately. It's that time of year for us. I have been taking life day by day and waiting to see what the Lord has for me for each day. I have been learning so much, I just don't know where to start.

I have been keeping in touch with Stanley now back in Liberia. He is still having a hard time. Edward who is still in Ghana and needs to get home soon....I am no help to him, but we enjoy each others conversation. Samuel in India of course is the focus of my international efforts.

I am just working to know God. It is work too! How can our finite minds understand an infinite God. We can't fully, but we can know Him just as He has revealed Himself to us in scripture.

Everything keeps coming back to two things....Knowing God and Knowing the Scriptures.

Know the scriptures and you will know God. Know God and life really falls into place. I'm not saying things are perfect buy you have a lot less "why" questions. You live in all circumstances with joy because you know the One behind the events of the day.

Here I am 6 1/2 years in and I feel like a baby just getting started.

My only advice right now is to pray....then read the Bible...the pray about what you read...then pray some more while you think about what you read, and then go read some more. Old Testament first and then the New Testament... You can do it!

See the character and Holiness of God in the OT and then learn of His mercy and love for you in the NT.

You can't read just one and have a complete picture of who God is. They are inseparably tied to one another.

Take care and I'll see you soon.

By the way I post on Facebook several times a day as I live my life openly. Search for JasonYounger.com on Facebook and add me.

Love you.... Bye

No comments: