Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Christian Tom Cruise's of the World

Yesterday I was talking about how manic and crazy Cruise is. If you missed his strange ramblings, (Click HERE) for the YouTube video.

OK, you know the saying "When you point a finger, three are pointing back."

As I considered that, I knew right away that some Christians in the circles I run in are very similar to Tom Cruise... I have sounded Tom Cruise crazy before. (Let me explain)

In the video above, Tom is very passionate. His ferver is almost disturbing. Kind of scary!

Christian's can sometimes be so passionate about their message their behavior is somewhat disturbing to the innocent bystander who is suddenly "Bible Blasted"

Another thing Tom does is use special Scientology lingo. Jargon like "SP's" and "KSW" I have NO CLUE what he is talking about without the information in the side bar of the video.

Christians do the same thing! We use big words that people have no clue what we are talking about. Special terms are fine if you are in a setting where people understand and commonly use the terms. If you are sharing with an average person, use words and terms anyone can understand.

Finally, I noticed Tom talking about how he has the answers and the world needs to hear the message he has to share. Oh, please Tom! Share your almighty secrets with us!!!!

Wait! Christians talk the same way! I considered how arrogant he sounded and I understand why people think WE sound arrogant. We claim to see while we call the listener blind. We claim to have understanding while saying people are blind, dead, deaf and dumb.

OH, how much we think of ourselves! I understand why people see us that way!

If you talked to me 9 years ago I would have said "When sharing your faith, please... I don't really want to hear about your personal faith and what God has done in your life or a church's teachings or the doctrines of men or councils."

Filled with love, be a friend and share "The Bible says..."

What the BIBLE says has changed my life!

Don't worry, the BIBLE is authoritative and doesn't need you. Sorry to say it that way.

God is sovereign and doesn't need YOU and ME!

So why do we share? Because we are commanded to. Because we can't help ourselves!

My concern is are you sharing Christ crucified for the forgiveness of sins through the sharing of Scripture? Or are you sharing the Gospel according to you?

Know your Bible, cling to your Bible and share the Bible.

Who are we that God should save us from our sins?! Be humble and thankful and share with love and gratitude not pride and arrogance. Talk up to people as if they are above you not talk down to people as if they are below you.

The Holy Spirit will do His work. You just be humble and faithful to Christ and His Word.

(I say these things to myself. If they are any benefit to you I am glad.)

Leave any thoughts or comments. I want to work through this for myself and not miss anything. Feel free to question me or challenge me. I have no high horse to come down from.

No comments: