Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Daily Prayer 10/30/07

1 John 2:28 Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.

Father- I often think of this verse. If You Lord Jesus were to return today or if I found myself standing before You today, what would my reaction be? Would my conscience be clear and my motives pure and in my pursuit of personal holiness would I jump up and down with joy to see Your face as I then bow at Your feet to worship or would I fall like a dead man on my face with shame? Do I pray "Lord come today! I am ready to meet You now!" Or do I say "Master, please do not come quite yet, I have sinned and I have not confessed it. I am in sin now and I am not yet ready to give it up. I have sinned today and I would be filled with shame if I stood before You now." Guess what.... When we sin, we must remember our shame is right before Your eyes....I have sinned willingly in my heart with You right there with me. I have dragged You along through my sin....Oh, how sorry I am for my thinking I can sin willingly in my heart and have it hidden from You as if You don't know what I think or do.

Father, we confess our sins. Change us from the inside out. We fail because we are sick Christians who do not have the healing power of Your word within us. We need to be feeding on the Bible. It is the medicine the Holy Spirit uses to heal us and make us more like Christ. May we be healthy Christians so that at Your appearance Lord Jesus, we will not be ashamed and shrink away, but may we have confidence, because we know we have been abiding in You.

I pray for the "untouchables" in India....the entire population of the United States is living in India and considered "unclean" to some there. Even now slavery and caste system exists that places less value on people than even animals. BUT we have an opportunity to minister to these dear people and also the muslim children in the slums. Father please make a way for us to support Emma's Free Tuition school so this can be a sweet place of refuge for a people You are happy to love and adopt as Your children.

I pray for our dental team in Russia now. It is very cold and snowing and equipment is breaking and even some was lost on the flight over. From 7am to 10pm their backs are bent over patients to fix hurting teeth....give them strength. Keep their backs strong and their bodies healthy. Some of my dearest brothers are there right now just wanting to serve Your people. Bless their work.

For baby Thaddeus, keep the heart growing and please Father heal his aorta. I pray with faith and confidence that You will make him well. If any work is needed, may it only be minor and I pray it is not needed right away.

Baby Aubrie will be in our family soon. Please take care of Victoria's sister and the baby. We also pray for our (soon to be brother in law? ;} Adam - Two Adams in the family could be a nice match for the two Matt's we have....

For Robert and Cassie and Aiden, help them settle into their new home and help them to adjust to life in the Springs. I pray You have moved them here for Your purposes in their lives.

For all of us and our children....keep us save and make us holy. In Christ's Name, amen.

No comments: