Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Monday, December 3, 2007

Ahhh Now I Like That!

This has nothing to do with the Christian life, but just a great quote that I really liked because it hits my other passion. "Tinkering" I am not a pro at anything, but I love to learn a little about everything. I love to figure things out. Systems, machines, technology...I am very inquisitive. I figure if you can figure out how something works you have a whole new world opened up to you. For example if I can figure out how a home heating system works, I can fix it and save a lot of money, in the mean time I can dream up new principals for heating a home. That to me is fun. What about computers and circuits and chips.... If you can figure out how it works you can build literally anything to do anything you need it to do! What a world is opened up when you "tinker" most importantly it should be something you enjoy or have an interest in. Just think, tinkering put us on the moon and eventually on mars! Tinkering has resulted in countless vaccines and medical technologies. How lucky the person who can tinker in an area that interests them and get paid for it! OK enough on that... Here's the quote:

"Tinkering is what happens when you try something you don't quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination and curiosity. It's about letting the spark of and idea ignite, no matter how far the idea is. When you tinker, there are no instructions, but there is no failure, no right or wrong ways of doing things.

It's about figuring out how things work- and about reworking them. It's about pursuing a fascination and letting it unfold into a process of discovery, about seeing the potential in a pile of junk and creatively re-imagining it as a treasure. Contraptions, machines, wildly mismatched objects working in harmony- this is the stuff of tinkering. Tinkering is, at it's most basic, a process that marries play and inquiry."

It's play.... Go play and learn and discover! God has great things in this world for you to enjoy!

No comments: