Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daily Prayer 1/10/08

Father,

Again life seems to be soo busy. Will you help me, and help all of us as we struggle for time to just take care of all of life's (seemingly) necessary functions and always still have plenty of time to spend seeking You each day.

Lord, it seems I give the day my best and all my energy and then at the end of the day I am just tired and feel too worn out to even pick up my Bible and read. Lord how can I spend so much energy on so much that has no eternal value? Help me to dedicate myself to You. You know Lord You are on my mind through out the day, but will You be there even more?

I know I have studied and learned about You today, but I am not satisfied with my effort. Help me get to know You in Your Word. It is so vital! I feel I have cared for my body and now I will go to bed with a hungry soul.

Lord, thank YOU so much for the growth of Thaddeus! We pray this will strengthen him in case You have heart surgeries ahead of him. I have not yet given up hope, but remember how You have helped improve Thad's heart as he has grown. We still pray it would be healed, but also understand that may not be Your plan.

Be with Adam and Mindy, Jill and Brett, Jena and Matt, Beth and Matt, Victoria and I, and all the married couples close to us. Lord every day we pray for our marriages and pray that Your hand would be upon us. Holy Spirit, bother our conscience if we are behaving in any way that is not only sin, but not showing our spouse proper love that we promised to devote to them. We all need Your help in our marriages, lives, jobs....how can a sinful heart do the right thing apart from Your prompting and protection. Restrain our sin and push us to do what is right and pleasing in Your sight. Give us the grace we need to submit to Christ and let that submission to our LORD then change us as people.

We also pray for the fevers of baby Aubrie and also Casey and Jen's little Matthew. Heal our little ones.

SO Many needs...You know them Lord and while I am being brief tonight, hear our prayers and answer our needs according to Your will for our lives. Remind us of our responsibility to hear and respond and act properly....we will surely give an account for our lives before You. Amen.

No comments: