Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Daily Prayer 1/8/08

Tonight I didn't even get my reading done because I have been online all night taking care of business with India and Africa.

Quick updates....

Today the Church in Guntur, India celebrates 11 years! It has been hard with very little but God has kept His church going. We must remember that....It's Christ's church and it can not be destroyed. Where He plants it, it will not die. Thank God for this seed in India that will surely sprout and bloom into a beautiful flower.

In Africa in Buduburam Refugee camp in Ghana, things have become very hard. The currency in Ghana has changed and it has plunged the camp deeper into poverty. All progress and improvement to peoples lives there has stopped and been reversed. It is now a very dangerous situation for them. The Government is also doing all it can to not have to help take care of the refugees and every one is trying to dodge the cost of returning them to Liberia.

Please pray that God will bring them help! They just need food! As Americans, we can find food even if we have nothing....our definition of nothing is much different than theirs. For example I could not sent them even the smallest possible amount of money to help, because I have nothing right now.....car troubles, money troubles....as life goes for most of us.....but I ate today. I will also eat tomorrow. They do not have this basic sustenance. They HOPE they will eat today and they HOPE they will eat tomorrow. I know these children....their faces are on my webpage.....I care about their condition.

Please pray with me that God will help them.

Little Thaddeus may be joining us this week! Thank GOD for insurance and good doctors and hospitals and medicine! Thank God for providing for these needs for Adam and Mindy. I also pray God will give me the opportunity to help them in some way. Please pray for Thad's heart. After he is born doctors will have a better idea of what will happen next with the heart surgery. I am still praying for a fully healed heart that will not need any surgery. God I only pray it for Your glory and that they will know the Gospel I have shared is true.... I know that is a selfish motive so please Lord bring His healing according to Your will, not mine....as of course You will do.

There are two people I love very very much that are having some troubles. Please pray for them....don't worry the Holy Spirit knows their need and their names and He will bring it to the Lord for us....just pray for this couple. I know it will work out because I think I know the character of the two of them. They will both do what is right....I just pray they seek the Lords guidance in all of this.

I thank God for our friends who have joined us in our prayers....Jeff in Texas...I hope to meet you some day....thank so much! May God reward your gifts 100 fold in heaven! To Meja in Hawaii, our mostly silent prayer partner.... And I often think of Steve and Lucy and wonder how you are doing. I hope to see you soon.

Casey and Jen....who would have guessed our paths would meet and turn this way huh?

Life is such a roller coaster ride.....ups and downs, sometimes scary but I am having a blast riding it! God help us in our weaknesses and Father kindly meet our needs! Help us to be more faithful and Lord Jesus I pray we would read to know You and follow You closely. Amen.

No comments: