Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Daily Prayer 1/13/08

Father-

Thank You for a great day of worship! If only my mind could begin to grasp Your greatness and glory!

This week Lord be with Adam and Mindy and little Thad as we await his arrival. We pray for the condition of his heart and his size. I hope he continues to grow and be a big strong boy who is ready to use his strength to heal in case he needs surgery. We right now anticipate surgery, but always hold out hope that You would heal him suddenly so we will know it was a miracle and not slow growth over time that healed his heart. I always look forward to situations where we are cornered and forced to give all the glory to You because there is no other explanation.

There is another man that I love like a brother Father. You know him. I pray that You would place Your Holy Spirit within him. I pray that You would comfort him and also move him to do the right thing. I pray with all my heart that he would be not just a brother by the law, but an eternal brother. Lord, how easily we can slip and fall! Do whatever You must do Lord to change hearts and cause forgiveness, repentance and restoration. Lord, You know how deeply I love him. Please save him from his trouble and keep him near us! You know how much this has bothered me...please hear my prayer.

For all of us, Lord You know the needs within our hearts. Teach us to take care of our souls. Help us to seek You earnestly. We desire to know You Lord, but we have to know Your Word. I know it's a drum I pound over and over, but You have been very clear with us, that to know You and have the peace and joy we seek, we must know You and the salvation of Christ Jesus that comes by faith through the working of Your Word and the Holy Spirit.

This life will soon be over......in light of eternity we must be feeding our souls from Your Word!

Christ, Shepherd us.....make us sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit! Amen.

No comments: