Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Dot and the Line

Sorry for the crude artwork but I wanted to spend time on the words not the picture. Above the small red dot represents life. The left edge of life represents birth and the right edge represents death. During life what a person has done with Christ determines which eternal path you will live on. Look how small the dot is. Imagine how small that dot must be compared to infinity! What in this life could possibly more important that your ETERNAL destination?

We come into the world with nothing and we leave with nothing. What matters in life? You see if life is about "me" than life has NO meaning. Life is fleeting and it will quickly pass with everything in it.

If life is about God and not me, then that changes things. We pray for things, but our heart isn't totally wrapped up in peace, health, wealth, prosperity.... How many Christian's spend their lives misguided? How many are living for the DOT when it's the LINE that matters? It's not about me, but about God. It's not about what will I gain to enjoy and for my own glory in this life. It's about God glorifying Himself throughout history by Himself and for Himself. I am simply a beneficiary of His work.

It's late now I have to get some rest since I have been sick, but be thinking about this a little bit and I will develop it more in the next few days.

It's a paradox really from a human perspective. For a Christian it is better to be dead than alive, yet we want to live to serve our King since our chance to work is so short compared to our eternal rest. On the other hand what if I am not on the path I thought I was? What if I am on the road to eternity in hell? I can tell you this....it won't take but 5 minutes after your death and you will have no doubt in you mind of which path you were on all along.

Here's the other thing. In talking to regular people, no one has ever told me they thought they will go to hell. How many will be shocked and surprised to find out they were wrong! Remember the message on the religion of human achievement? They are living for the dot hoping for the line...... We are living for the line resting in the dot because of the work Christ did for us. I don't mean to say Christians should do nothing....quite the opposite. For a later time though. Here's to eternal life He has purchased for us with His blood! Glory to Lord God Almighty Who was, Who is, Who came and Who will come again!

No comments: