Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hate the Imaginations Evil Thoughts

I hate my imagination!

Genesis 6:5 and GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth;

Jeremiah 7:24 but they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels [and] in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

Jeremiah 11:8 Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of their evil heart:

Jeremiah 13:10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Jeremiah 16:12 And ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me:

Jeremiah 18:12 And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

Luke 1:51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

PLEASE LISTEN! Every battle begins in your imagination! What sin have you ever committed willingly that didn't begin in the imagination? We think about it....we dwell on it....sinful thoughts.....then when the opportunity presents itself....our conscience screams at us but like a bungee jump, we gulp....take a deep breath.....and jump.....falling right into the exhilaration of sin! "Weeeeeee......ahhhhh that was fun" Oh, the cord may have caught you this time.....you may be able to cover the sin on your face, but be sure of what scripture says.....Numbers 32:23 "behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out."

I think that verse scares me most...... Am I so foolish to convince myself I can conceive sin in my imagination and even carry it out and no one will find out......(visualize big flashing 'caution' sign here)

Teachers always told me my imagination was my biggest asset. Ha! Biggest curse maybe....but being imaginative in itself is not a sin....it's what happens in your mind you must guard.

Be a disciplined soldier of the Lord!

Just as a hand near a fire feels pain to warn you, your conscience screams at you like the same warning system to stop you. What a strong sinner filled with wickedness who pushes past his or her screaming conscience through the flames of sin into the blissful free fall into the pit of hell.....who can grab on and pull themselves out of the pit?

We MUST take this seriously. I hold no grudge and do not look down my nose at all in any way at anyone who has ever ever sinned in this way. I have done the same thing and even today I will battle my imagination.

The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life works strongly against us.

If not restrained by the Lord what will restrain us..... The Battle is On! Please fight fight fight......sin desires to cause us to commit adultery against our Lord. Every sin is our cheating on the One who DIED for us. It is spitting on Christ as He hung on the cross! OH LORD restrain my heart!!!!!

My own battle is on my mind tonight as I desire to be self-disciplined and a warrior for God. My battle is in my own mind and body.....and so is Yours.

Father-

You must fight this war within us. We are not able. We do not have the strength in and of our self. Without the restraint of the conscience You have placed within us, and most importantly as believers in Christ death for sins, the Holy Spirit that dwells within us. I think of the verses "He who is in you is stronger than he who is in the world" and also "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Lord we are now in a battle with our own mind and flesh. Keep us from committing adultery against You our Lord and Master who died for us. At salvation Lord I made a promise to You. I made a vow to You. I said I will forsake my sin and myself and my selfish desires and make You the Master of my life. I wanted to give my life to You out of love for what You have done for me.

How can I continue in sin knowing the great price You paid for me? How can I continue to sin knowing it is eternity in literal hell You saved me from?

Father we do not keep our commitment to You because just like we sin against each other, we are lovers of self. We do not keep our promises because we are liars. Lord I don't know how people are taking this and I hope they don't think I am thinking of them, because I am not.

I am saying plain and clear....I Jason Younger commit adultery against YOU Lord Jesus. In my mind I willingly conceive sin. In my flesh I willingly carry out sin. As James says, how can I bless the Lord with my mouth and with the same mouth sin. Oh, how the tongue needs to be tamed.....Lord my tongue is simply the mouth of the pitcher that pours out my hearts thoughts and desires.

I want to be starved for Your Word....I want to be starved for prayer and fellowship with You....I want to be hungry for a life of walking in the Spirit. Make me hungry not because I do not seek it, but because the more I seek it, the hungrier I get. If I am a glutton Lord who can not quit, let it be my gluttony of feeding on the teaching of Your Word.

Oh, I am on fire and ready to be the good soldier of the Lord! Let me forsake myself and seek You.....I renew again and still mean as I said on the first day 5 years ago......I pledge my love and my life to You Lord Jesus Christ my KING who died to save me and make me a brother and fellow heir of the kingdom of God.

Strengthen us and make us stronger by testing but maybe many smaller tests we can endure....You know our limits where we will break. Finally Lord...I remember Your promise to us....."No temptation has overtaken you except what's common to man, but God is faithful and will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that You may stand up under it."

Lord I cling to the promise of Your Word and the perfection of the Scriptures. Amen

No comments: