Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Daily Prayer 1/12/08

"A common, mediocre, lukewarm Christian does not honor God!"

Maybe we made new year's resolutions....mine is just to read more and study harder. I have already fallen short of my own expectations, how much more I must have failed God's expectations for my life!

Let me just put my arm around you and say....come on....lets go.....are we getting tired already so early in this years race? Let's work together to keep up a pace that honors God.

Has being a Christian cost you anything? Have You suffered for your faith? Have you died for sins?

We must now let go of whatever is keeping us from becoming His....

Love Jesus more than you love yourself!

I will be the first to step forward and say "I have loved myself more than Jesus." I will now hang my head sorry for my climbing up onto the throne in my heart where He belongs.

I am telling you...He just wants you to love and trust Him!

Father.....we have many needs, but we put them second place tonight behind our prayer to just belong fully to You. Take us and chain us to the Lord so we can not slip away! Keep us on a short leash. We love You and want to be near You.

What every has been keeping us from You we now set aside and give is a lower place than we have been giving You.

In Christ's Name we pray, Amen.

No comments: