Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Friday, January 11, 2008

Morning Glory




I heard a news story this morning that was about the Middle East, it just briefly mentioned the sea of Galilee where Christ "was said to have walked on water". May seem pretty picky, but it in my mind robbed Christ of His glory. I just thought to myself, no He DID walk on water. To many in the world Christ is just an exaggerated story. It kind of made me sad and Hebrews 1 came to mind.....

Hebrews 1:1-3
God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Please note the italics. God who has no beginning or end decided to express Himself. So as He creates and decides to reveal Himself to us, who did He use to speak to us? The eternal third in the Holy Trinity....He has spoken to us in HIS Son....Jesus. Shouldn't we study Jesus more? Who created the world? The One who walked on the water with power over the creation, Jesus. Who is the EXACT representation of the invisible God the Father so that we can know HIM? Jesus.....who is the only One who has made purification of sins? Not us, but Jesus! God who became man to reveal Himself to us so He could be known and we could have our sins forgiven.....we can not pay for our sins and arrive in Heaven, only the One who makes purification of sins.

Father, help me to always lift up Christ and worship Him as Thomas said "My Lord and my God!" May Christ continually be lifted higher by my mouth, my mind and my actions, and may I continually be lowered to a position of humble adoration of this God Man who died for me!

No comments: