Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another Passing- I need your feedback.

Well, I was just talking to a friend of mine here in the office. His wife's parents moved here after they were in a tornado and their home was destroyed (with my friends wife and two son's in the home) As the tornado hit, they were running for cover in the basement. A water line broke and sprayed them with water and they saw daylight under the home as it was lifted off the foundation! Sounds like a scene from a movie! They decided to move here to be closer to the grandkids. Shortly after moving here the kids grandma was diagnosed with cancer. Many amazing stories along the way, but I just found out she passed away Sunday. As he told me the stories of their interactions before she passed just amazed me. The time when a person seems to almost be slipping back and forth between two worlds amazes me!

I remember a time when our children were born. At that time I really enjoyed it because I believed they were "fresh" from heaven. To my thinking at the time it was as close as we could be to an open window to heaven. I thought the body grew and was prepared and like at birth the sould jumped into the body from heaven, I guess. That is not right though. We are created from NOTHING! Amazing!

Now I believe being present at a death is the closest a person can be to the "open window" of heaven. I speak with no experience, only what I hear. Interesting the events as a person is passing.

Have any stories? Pass them along. Comment on this post. We'll think about them and I'll search the Scriptures for some answers too.

2 comments:

Kathy K said...

Jason, do you remember Grandma Kemps story? It happened at her first heart surgery to replace her valve. She was in bad shape because of a life time of a bad heart and it was the mid 60's. I am sure the surgery was very risky then. On the table, the doctors lost her more than once, but she would come back. She never told anyone this story for years because she thought it would be seen in a bad light. She said her mother and father would meet her and tell her to go back because she had a family to take care of. She didn't want to go back because where they were seemed so peaceful. But she did go back. She said she was never afraid to die after that, but also wanted to live very much.

Jason Younger-Letters In Grace said...

Yes, thanks for posting it!