Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Daily Prayer 11/15/07

1 John 5:5-13 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son. The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.


Father- Your inspired Word from John is so clear. The only eternal life possible is in Christ alone. Nor ourselves, not anything we can do to merit eternal life...It's not in us but in Him. Without Christ there is no eternal life...only eternal death in the lake of fire awaits. Not the temporary fire, but Your Word says ETERNAL life in Christ or death in the lake of fire. It's sad Father that some don't know for sure where they would go if they died today. But we CAN know....some teach you can't know but here it is very clear..."These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, SO THAT you may KNOW that you HAVE eternal life." What a comfort! What peace! Believe in Christ...Faith in that Death...it is enough that we can KNOW we will be in heaven. So if I am asked, the only answer I need is the only answer there is....Christ my Savior has died for my sins. I have no debt or guilt with God. I KNOW I will be in heaven with the One who paid my debt and took my wrath. He is all I need!

Father we lay our lives, our souls, our families, our children, our jobs and all we own at Your feet to be used by You as You please. I only say this. Too often my eyes are fixed on this life and the things of this world, so I will struggle to understand and I will not be able to see beyond the moment or myself too often. When I do this Lord, I pray that You will help me. Holy Spirit give me an eternal heavenly view of this life and the perfect, sovereign will of the Holy Father who is so powerful and mighty none could see Him and live. The infinite mind that thought up the plan to pour out infinite mercy and love on the helpless state of mankind. Remind me Spirit that He does as He pleases and His ways are so much higher than our ways. Teach me to remember that and focus on pursuing obedience and personal holiness.

We give you the thanks for the good report on Thaddeus' heart. We will keep praying and watching as You work.

We pray for little Aubrey that her kidneys will start working soon. I pray she will stop throwing up. We pray that her recovery would be quick and soon.

For our new baby Aubrie in our family we thank You for her health. A little jaundice seems to have cleared up. Crystal's fever I think has gone away. Thank You for protecting them from serious illness. I also thank You that Olivia could make it there to be with them. Thank You for our Mothers Lord!

Finally Lord, today (Thurs) Is Wayne's birthday (for our family). We thank You for him and pray that he would be a caring and loving husband for our Mom. He is a fun, but quiet man who seems to be very kind. Only you know his heart Lord. I just pray that we would show love and respect and thanks as he is the one who is there to care for our Mother and I pray that You would be working in his heart to seek the answers to the greatest questions of life. Just be at work there Lord...that's all I ask. There is no greater birthday gift Lord than to be born again into eternal life by the blood of Christ. That is a gift only You can give. Only You can stir the heart to receive the gift. But as one who has nothing to give, I ask that You would bless him for us.

Keep our children and families safe and turn our hearts to desire to read and obey Your Word....Amen.

No comments: