Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Monday, November 5, 2007

Daily Prayer 11/5/07

First here is an update on Audrey....our friends 5 year old daughter. (I think I have been calling her Aubrie....oops, that's another little girl who will be arriving in our family soon and thank the Lord she is healthy!)

Audrey has had a really bad day, her worse day since she was first affected with the E-coli bacteria. She is throwing up more frequently, on medication for high blood pressure and is getting more and more irritable. Continue to pray for Audrey and for Bill and Karen, that they would be strengthened and comforted by our God!



Wow! This has our whole church on it's knees praying! Her kidneys are not working at all and the dialysis is not working.


If you want to email me a note, I will put them all in one email together to them.... Especially India and Africa....let's let them know that prayers are going up all around the world for her! Please include your location with your note of encouragement to them.

Now tonights scripture and prayer......

1 John 3:11-12 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; not as Cain, {who} was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother's were righteous.

Lord Jesus our Creator and Savior, You said (as recorded in John 13:34-35) "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."


In this world people are lovers of self. They live for and serve themselves. Even in marriages they say "till death do us part" and promise to love the other "in sickness and health, for richer or for poorer" they are just empty words though Lord. They don't mean it. They should be honest and say "As long as you are making me happy, I will love you." The world does not know the love of Christ! The love of Christ says, "I will love you no matter what! I am even willing to die for you! You will beat me and kill me and hate me and hate those who live boldly for me and love me and love all that I teach and stand for, yet I will still love you! I will lay down my life to pay your debt, even though you are determined to be my enemy. You will make fun of me and use my name as a curse word, yet I will love you!" Father what if we had that kind of love in our marriages?

Lord you instruct us to love one another even as You have loved the church. Love covers a multitude of sins (which I am relying on). I can think of people who are so proud and arrogant at work who drive me crazy! How can I not love them....I was the same way to You! Help me to admit my pride and lower myself to love and serve him even though he sins. Help us to focus on our own sin first. May we purify our hearts and work on our sin, then we should forgive them privately because they don't sin against us willingly, they are slaves to sin and the love of God is not in them. It is this life and world they live for. So many ways this advice could help us! Teach us and help us to apply it.

Lord You know how we pray for Audrey and Bill and Karen. May the way they handle this be a testimony to the nurses and doctors of the peace only You provide. I pray this is an opportunity to share the love of Christ with others that caused Him to lay down His life to pay our sin debt. I know this trial will have it's work in their hearts as You make them more like Your Son. I pray the dialysis would work and most importantly ease her pain! I pray she would not scream and I pray she could be calm and settled. She is young and hurting. Holy Spirit fill her and comfort her.

We are reminded of the pain these parents feel this week as we are already feeling our own pain as we approach the 1 year anniversary of Emma's arrival in heaven. Be with us and hear our prayers for peace and comfort and also thanks that she is now walking in glory.

Heal Thaddeus' heart Lord. We now relive this story except this time we pray You show us Your power over creation and flesh so we also know the peace and comfort that You were perfectly in control over Emma's situation and that it was all according to Your plan. I pray doctors are amazed as heart cells do things they should not do as the heart grows and is repaired by Your hand. May Adam and Mindy be prepared to tell of Your wonderful love for us and Your power over Your creation and how You died for our fallen flesh to save us from the curse of sin brought on by Adam and Eve. We know this story will be different, I don't know why Lord, but it seems there is just a peace about this time. I know my feelings are just that, and will at times fail me, but I just "feel" this time is different.

Lord You know Samuel has been busy for You in India. Two thirds of the worlds population You have pooled together and You have placed men like him and others around him with a passion for sharing Christ. We pray for help for them and also for Emma's school ministering to and teaching poor Muslim children. May we be praying about offering some support to their efforts in Emma's name. I will give more information this week Father. Lay on our hearts how we can help.

I also pray for Buduburam. I know they badly need Bibles. I will get to work on this need also Lord. Give me wisdom in how to meet their need.

Nothing is more precious than Your Word and the Word who became flesh!

For Crystal's baby we also pray. I pray she and Adam will be seeking Your will for their lives.

Also for Robert and Cassie and Aiden. Lead them in Your ways and help them with their needs.

Each of us have some kind of need....help us with it Father. We seek righteousness first and then ask for Your help with our physical needs. Give us joy in this life as we anticipate the joy that is to come, Amen!

No comments: