Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Daily Prayer 11/1/07

1 John 3:1 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and {such} we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

Father, what a GREAT love you have shown us. Not a common love to "good" people, but GREAT love to wicked people. Help us to remember that we are sinners undeserving of Your love, yet You not only loved us, but You loved us so much You were willing to kill Your Son for us, so we would not have to die! Father, I would not let my son be killed for people who hate me and fight against me every day, yet You were willing to do this for a world who fights against You and denies You and sins against You! That is not a common love, but a GREAT love You have shown us! For You have so LOVED the world that You gave Your only Son, that whosoever should believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life!

Father I know Your holiness and my sin, yet You would adopt me as a son?! Not only that but the blood of Christ has washed me clean and You look upon me in the same way You see Christ. In Your eyes I am perfect as if I have never sinned and never do sin! What a love! Christ, what a great thing You have done for us when You erased our sins! Because You have done such a great thing for us, (You have agreed to the Fathers plan and will to be our Savior), we also want to lay low and submit to You as our King, our Lord, our Master. We pledge our lives back to You. If we follow You, Lord we become more like You and our lives resemble and represent You. For this reason we do not fit into this world. We live and stand for the opposite of what the world lives and stands for. So people will hate us. We are inflexible in our allegiance to You. We will not serve both sin and righteousness. We desire to serve You only. That causes people to call us "Bible Thumpers, Holy Rollers, Jesus Freaks, Fundamentalists...." What a small price to pay to be adopted by God! Around the world people are beaten and killed for only being known as followers of Christ. Father may Your special grace be upon those who give even their lives for Your names sake.

For young Aubrie Anderson....suddenly her kidneys have quit working and her platelet count is very low. She is in Pediatric ICU in Wichita. Today she had surgery to place a tube to begin dialisis. May her kidney's regain their function and may her life be spared. Her father is an elder in our church and they are a dear family we love. May their faith and relationship with You be increased no matter the outcome as we all lay it in Your hands.

For Thaddeus...I pray that while we have not been looking, his heart has continued to grow and become normal. I pray the aorta is also healing and Father I even ask for the hole in his heart to be closed. Please give Adam and Mindy a baby boy ready to live life with no need for surgery.

I am reminded of all the families at Children's Hospital in Denver right now who are dealing with the heart surgeries of their own babies and children. Father, I pray that they would be healed and the families would be drawn to You through this event. I thank You for using life's toughest times to draw us to You and teach us so much about Your grace.

For Crystal's baby girl...I hope she is going to wait as long as possible to arrive on time. I worry a little that she may decide to make an early appearance, but I know You will deliver her right on time.

I pray that we would spend more time reading our Bibles. If we fail, it is only because we have walked forward in life leaving the light to our path behind. Your Word is a light to our path and a lamp to our feet. Keep us reading and praying.

....Father, Son and Holy Spirit....we pray, Amen.

No comments: