Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Welcome Back!

I have taken the last few days off just to rest (and work). I was preparing for an opportunity to bring the message at Mt Hope Federated Church today. It's always an interesting process to prepare to go to a church. Often times you don't know much about the church. You don't know what they have been studying or much about what they believe. You just take a passage and prepare it as best you can and go "fire away". A church that loves God and loves the truth of His Scriptures will love you for it, no matter how hard the message. In fact people who are in Christ love the pure teaching of the Word. I don't know if today's message was "hard"...I presented it as clearly and as lovingly as possible but there we definitely words in there that you wont hear in the majority of churches in the United States today. That part makes me somewhat nervous. If it is a church that has a "tastes great, less filling" approach to God's Word. Or if it's a church totally void of truth such as "feel good" ministries like Joel Osteen...I am pretty sure the message would not be received well at all.... Well today this was a church that loves the truth of the Scriptures and it went well. I hope I handled the text faithfully...that's my biggest worry. Knowing there is a greater judgment for those who teach. Woe to the man who leads Christ's sheep astray!

That having been said I plan to post the message so you can hear it. It is the truth of God's Word from Hebrews chapter 10. Some may get upset with it's contents, others will rejoice at the Truth it contains. I am just praying that anyone who hears it will do this.... Simply examine the text with me....my teaching of the text is either right or wrong. If I am right, some are faced with a fork in the road. If I am wrong I am now in a very serious and dangerous position before the Lord. I believe the text is very clear and I invite you to join me in Hebrews 10 when I get it posted. (Should have it for you tomorrow).

Father thank You for the safe delivery of our families back to our homes after a wonderful time we got to spend together. I pray our love for one another was strengthened. Strengthen our love for our Savior who died our death so that we may rest in the forgiveness that we have through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

Tomorrow I will return to the Daily Prayers.... I am still praying about what section of Scripture we should take on next.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

It was good to see you and the kids. Jacob and Gracie are very sweet kids. Love you guys.

Adam