Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts

First sorry for no Daily Prayer yest. No internet connection at home. We are getting our DSL hooked up. It will be better than our dial-up so I am happy about that! I got the slowest DSL available. I like the faster speed and not taking up the phone line...that's nice. Main reason is they are phasing out my dial-up by jacking the price way up. So DSL is also cheaper than dial-up! It will be interesting to see how it works. I have built my own computer I affectionately call "Frankenstein" it's made of all old throw away computer parts. It's not too fast, but certainly no worse than my old store bought lap top from 1968....oh, '98...my bad. So to speed it up I have stepped into the geeky world of Linux. Linux is an operating system like Windows or Mac...but it's FREE!!!! All the software for it....FREE!!!!! YEA! So I have spending way too much time on that. In fact I told a co-worker and brother in Christ, that I have a technology lust. I said it kiddingly, but it really is true. I will be honest, if I had a thousand dollars in my hand and I would have a terrible time deciding between a wise use of the money and this new computer I want. Idols and temptations and lusts come in many different forms. Mine is computers. Next computer thought really quick.... I like a slow connection because it keeps our family from using the internet too much...email is about it. Too much junk online. If you have kids you MUST have a filter!

Quick update on Aubrey Anderson....

She had a seizure last night and was unresponsive. This is a bad turn, but not completely unexpected. I also know how God uses these states to heal the body while it rests. It's just not much improvement. We really need to pray the kidneys will begin working again.

Update on baby Thaddeus....

In the words of my little girl singing... "Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah, praised be the Lord!"

Good news at the doctor yesterday.... the heart is growing and things seem to be improving!

Father I have prayed for a complete inutero healing. I pray it will be done. Like Mindy said though who cares if it happens before or after birth, we just want him to be well.


Let's see what else......

One final thing I ask for your prayers on. I have been asked to preach at a couple churches recently. I LOVE to proclaim God's Word to His people....BUT I am very apprehensive about doing it. To stand in a pulpit and accurately handle the word of God is a HUGE responsibility and should be undertaken with great fear and work. I fear handling it accurately....I always do....so I work harder. I also think there must be someone better than me to fill in.... Thirdly, it really makes me look inwardly. I feel a man must be walking in the Spirit and free from unconfessed sin....dedicated to the Word. I am not as strong and as clean as I want to be. I must pray about it. I love the work in preparing a message....what a HUGE benefit to the soul! I only teach from the overflow of what I have learned myself. So if this opportunity comes through, I look forward to it but know it will be hard work. Please pray for me! Sin and the attacks of satan to ruin your work are a constant threat. How many men or women in the church have been pulled out of service because they fell into a terrible sin. Satan has then done a good thing, he has rendered a worker useless and damaged his ability to spread God's Word. (I also think a person is not permanently out but can recover a ministry after proof of repentance and recovery of whatever the weakness or sin was.) I know how easily a person can slip and fall, so that worries me sometimes, but I know it all revolves around my filling my heart with God's Word and pursuing Christ from the heart. It's when I am not constantly renewing my mind with the Bible and setting my mind on Christ that the sinful heart regains it's foothold in my mind.

Have a great day....God Bless!

No comments: