Letters In Grace's Facebook Wall

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thanks for the iPod!


Well this is my iPod shuffle that you helped me win! Thanks so much for your votes. The letter that came with it said I won for having the highest daily average rating. You see, I owe it totally to your help!

What's that you ask? What will I do with it? Oh, well thanks for asking.... My life is bombarded with music, so I won't use it for music much. I have a Palm TX that plays mp3's and video, so the "new" of that has worn off.... Here is the best use I have found for an mp3 player: iTunes podcasts are very valuable. There is some really good Bible teaching. Way of the Master Podcast, John MacArthur podcast....Creation Moments....Ken Ham's creation podcast....all good uses of the memory chip. Most important use for me is this.... I use it to memorize Scripture. I put a whole book of the Bible on and listen to it over and over and over. By becoming familiar with the text you can have a better understanding of the book as a whole, plus see smaller nuances that you might miss as you sit and casually read over a passage. First book I would recommend doing this with is the book of Romans. I just loaded Hebrews on the new iPod. We went through the book a while back in Letters In Grace, but I want to memorize it. Next time you hop in the car...travel with God's Word in your ears. It won't make you shake your booty, but it will make your soul dance with joy!

No comments: